Toshiba is updating its high-end gaming/entertainment Qosmio lineup with the latest 2nd-generation Sandy Bridge CPUs from Intel and high-end Nvidia GPUs. The new models are called Qosmio X770, and the 3D-enabled version Qosmio X770 3D.
The new 17-inch Toshiba Qosmio X770 picks up the torch after the X500 series, which was something of a disappointment. The new variant looks a lot more interesting, not only thanks to a nice-looking new design, but also because of major improvements in the hardware department. There will also be a version with Nvidia 3D Vision, aptly named Qosmio X770 3D. The updated chassis is metallic allover and decorated with black stripes and red highlights, Moreover, there seems to be an LED above the touch pad and the keyboard is also backlit.
We are told that the base model of the new Qosmio X770 includes a quad-core Sandy Bridge Intel Core i7-2630QM running at 2.0GHz, with Turbo Boost 2.8GHz (same CPU as in the entry-level configurations of both the Alienware M18x and M14x). It also comes with 8GB of 1333MHz DDR3 RAM and a full 1.25TB of storage space spread across two hard drives–one 750GB 5400rpm and a faster 500GB 7,200rpm hybrid drive (most likely the Seagate Momentus XT). In the graphics department there are no other details available other than that it’s an Nvidia GeForce GTX class GPU with 1.5 GB of dedicated memory–possibly a GTX 560M. The 3D version of the Qosmio X770 also comes with a 3D webcam, which will be able to shoot photos and video in three dimensions.
There are no surprises as far as connectivity goes. It has WiFi n support as well as Bluetooth V3.0 and Gigabit LAN 1Gbps. For hooking up external monitors or TVs you have the choice between a VGA or HDMI port. It also includes a USB 3.0 port.
Full Specifications (base configuration)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM (2.0GHz, 2.9GHz with Turbo Boost)
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 (4GB + 4GB) 1333MHz, 2 slots, 8GB max
- Storage: 1.25TB (Hybrid 500GB 7200rpm + 750GB 5400rpm)
- Display: 17.3″ Widescreen 1920×1080, optional Nvidia 3D Vision
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX (560M?)
- Optical Drive: Blu-ray/DVD burner
- Interfaces: HDMI, VGA, headphone/microphone jack, 1 x USB 3.0 powered, 3 x USB 2.0
- Expansion: 8-in-1 memory card reader
- Audio: Harman Kardon
- Webcam: Webcam (optional 3D)
- Networking: Gigabit Ethernet, Wireless 802.11bgn, Bluetooth V3.0
- Weight: 3.4 kg (7.5 pounds)
Source: Notebook Italia (in Italian)